Yonge & Wellnesss is currently not offering Physiotherapy - please call us at 905-882-7685 if you would like a referral
Physiotherapists study the science of movement. They learn how to pinpoint an injury’s root causes.
Think about getting physiotherapy if you have an injury, or chronic pain that affects how you function everyday. A doctor may refer you to physiotherapy after surgery such as a hip replacement, or an event such as a heart attack or stroke.
Physiotherapists focus on both prevention and rehabilitation. Treatment can be for problems caused by injury, disease or disability. Here are some examples:
- Neck and back pain caused by problems in the muscles and skeleton
- Problems in the bones, joints, muscles and ligaments, such as arthritis and the after-effects of amputation
- Lung problems such as asthma
- Disability as a result of heart problems
- Pelvic issues, such as bladder and bowel problems related to childbirth
- Loss of mobility because of trauma to the brain or spine, or due to diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- Fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of muscle strength, for example during cancer treatment, or palliative care
Taken from https://www.collegept.org/patients/what-is-physiotherapy